Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas is Over

Christmas is over, and well, it was nice, but being away from family is hard. So goodbye 2008, it was a rough ride, hoping for a smoother 2009. I promptly took down the Christmas decorations on Saturday. My roommate got home and was like whoa, Christmas is over huh?? Haha, like the Grinch came in and stole all the holiday trimmings.. Well if I had a disco ball and a DJ table to put up for New Year's, I would be all over that. Hmmm.. the roommate did get one of those fancy margarita machines, maybe I should make snacks and declare it blended drink night....

So New Year's is fast approaching, but unfortunately I have to work on Friday... ugh.. which is hard since my friends want me to come up to my old town, SLO town... I really want to go but the old fuddy duddy in me says stay home and make drinks. Hmm...might get a wild hair and go anyways.. we will see if I get out of the office early on Wed, my guess is not so much... One can wish though, right?
I am looking forward to seeing my girlfriends though, I have not seen a lot of them in months and I miss everyone so much. Since moving here I don't really work with people my age and its been a challenge to make friends, since lets face it, Camarillo isn't the hot area for activities and nightlife.

Anyone live here? Cool chicks... like to knit, dance, take in a movie, martini???

No comments: